Monday, July 18, 2011

The Bible Search Engine of the future

Ever try to find that one passage in the bible through a keyword search, but the passage just would not come up? A while back I had that problem when trying to find the passage that said “the Holy Spirit convicts of sin”. Unfortunately it took me about 30 minutes to find John 16:8.

Being a youth pastor I find myself doing quite a few bible searches. Uniquely, I am also a computer programmer, so when I found other bible search engines where not efficient enough, I decided to start creating my own bible search engine. Now I could have a search program that would work the way I wanted. Years later, enter the beta version of Smart Bible Search.

My favorite feature of the search engine is the auto complete feature that helps you find the passage while you type. I spent much time on how it processes searches, so you would find the passage you where looking for, and results would return fast.

The site currently returns accurate results fast, even though it is still in the development beta phase. Many new features and refined results will arrive when the project is fully released on September 30th 2011.

Try it out now for yourself, go to: http://www.smartbiblesearch.com/

Sponsored:
Seth Knorr Christian Stand-up comedian that performs for churches and companies. Clean and Funny Booking agency helps you find the perfect Christian comedian for your next event.


After trying it, I welcome any suggestions on how Smart Bible Search can be better.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete